All you need to know about Ebola Viral Disease (EVD):
1. It is a disease that has travelled from Central to West Africa. It easily spreads by physical contact with a patient (or eating or touching contaminated bush meat such as Bats, monkeys and Apes).
Patients have FEVER plus vomitting, sore throat, body aches, diarrhoea, bleeding, skin rash etc
2. The disease kills in a week, leaving no time to treat an individuals infected
3. The disease has no known vaccine or cure but treated
4. Cases have been reported recently in Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Nigeria and as at 23rd July cases had teached 1201 with 672 Deaths
What we can do:
1. Avoid eating any bush meat for now! Especially Apes and Bats
2. Wash your hands as regularly as possible, especially after shaking a stranger
3.The most straightforward prevention method during Ebola outbreaks is not touching patients, their excretions, and body fluids, or possibly contaminated materials and utensils.
4. Suspected Patients should be sent to hosputal or clinic immediately
5. If you suspect a case and will touch the patient wear gloves, goggles
6. Traditional burial rituals, should be avoided.
Awareness is key, don’t just read or ignore…spread this campaign before the virus spreads.
(From vicks for more info visit vicskid.wordpress.com